Almond oat and apricot bars
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ¼ cup almond butter (soft, heat a little if hard)
- ¼ cup honey (runny, heat a little if necessary)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup Australian dried apricots, chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup sultanas
- ¼ cup mix of sunflower and pepita seeds
- 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate bits
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 cup roasted or natural almonds, roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon or other spice mix
Step by Step Instructions
In a food processor blend the dates until they form a ball. Add in the apricots and blend a little then add the almond butter, honey, oats, seeds, chocolate, cinnamon and lastly the coconut without chopping it too much.
Cut into 16 bite-size squares or 12 rectangle bars. Store in the fridge in an air tight container.